Free E-books and Audiobooks
Here are some helpful websites offering free e-content for your e-reader and audiodevice. Some sites require registration. Several different types of formats are available such as ePUB, PDF, HTML, etc. Please check your device to see what format it can read.
Check with your local library to see if they have access to OverDrive Digital Media Collections. OverDrive offers free access to hot, new titles with your library card. Click HERE for help.
A list of free ebooks & audiobooks by genre and by device. http://www.techsupportalert.com/free-ebooks-audio-books
Internet Archive - www.archive.org Digitized text, movies, music, software, and websites. More than three million items in botht he public domain or written under Creative Commons licenses.
- Audible – http://www.audible.com
- Audio editions of books, newspapers and magazines, original programming, and TV and radio subscriptions
- Barnes and Noble http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Free-eBooks/379001668/
- Free books for a variety of devices including iPad, iPhone, Android, Blackberry, PC, Max, and nook e-reader.
- Books Should Be Free – http//www.booksshouldbefree.com
- Free audiobooks in the public domain
- CK-12 Foundation http://www.ck12.org/flexbook/
- CK-12 Foundation is a non-profit organization with a mission to reduce the cost of textbook materials for the K-12 market both in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Digital Book Index http://www.digitalbookindex.com/about.htm
- More than 140,000 books, texts, and documents are available free.
- Free E-Books http://www.free-ebooks.net/
- Free-e-books.net is the internet’s #1 online source for free ebook downloads, ebook resources and ebook authors.”
- Google Books – http://books.google.com
- Ebooks in the public domain and some made available by publisher
Internet Archive http://www.archive.org/details/texts
- Free ebooks and texts contains a wide range of fiction, popular books, children's books, historical texts and academic books.
- Kindle http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=2245146011
- Free classics and out-of-copyright, pre-1923 books, as well as limited-time free promotional ebooks available for Kindle
- Librivox – http://librivox.org
- Free public domain audiobooks
- Manybooks – http://www.manybooks.net
- Free ebooks available in many formats for portable devices, includes Harvard Classics
- Project Gutenberg – http://www.gutenberg.org
- Free ebooks and audio books
- E-books from indie authors and publishers
University of Pennsylvania – http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu Over 800,000 ebooks on the web
E-Reader Sources at ipl2 - The iSchool at Drexel University, College of Information Science and Technology http://ipl.org/div/ereader/